Sunday, March 27, 2011

Real Florida? Who knew....

Who knew that right behind the Magic Kingdom you could find this....
 Its kinda nice I guess, to see there are still large open spaces, lakes, swamps.... and not just theme parks.
In an odd way.. It kinda felt nice to just 'get away' from all the 192 and I-Drive crap.. yet I was right next to them both, it didn't feel it.
Its almost kinda sad that this is the real Florida and it seems like most people who visit here never even get to see it.
But I guess I'm not really one to talk.. As it took me almost a year of living here until I started to really explore the area outside of the amusement parks and tourist traps... Hell, I ended up finding this area by accident just on my way to work taking the back roads.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome, next time I get over there take me to see cool wildness. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed... I remember how exciting it was to see my first Gator in the wild.. Now I see them at least once a week, its not even a big deal now. Its just part of daily life. Although seeing Manatees in the wild for the first time was AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete