Friday, September 12, 2014

Blah, London PT.1

So after my amazing time in Iceland... and with the Icelandair strike over... My flight left from Keflavík International Airport a little bit late on its way to Gatwick Airport....(London) Icelandair goes to both Gatwick Airport and London Heathrow Airport (where I had flown in via British Airways in 06) but Gatwick was closer to Joey's place... So I picked that (never again!.... but just because my return connections were all sorts of messed up, heading in it was fine, just... kinda oddly laid out)
Sweet, another passport stamp and a new airport credit for me
(yeah, I keep track)
Once passing customs and such.. and reading a note I had saved to my phone with instructions Joey had given me... 
I was on my way.
Ah... the first of what would be many train rides of England.
London may have been pretty... meh... but it was nice not having to drive and using mass-transportation. Once getting to the meetup point Joey found me and I met Dillon, someone who was gonna have to deal with me for the next few days. Kyle had stayed back at Joey's for this trek but would be coming along later in the day.
More trains and stuff...
I didn't really take many photos as I'd been to England before and as it wasn't a park day and I'd been up some +30 hours, I kinda wanted to just eat and maybe sleep.
Joey had picked a trip to Chislehurst Caves for an adventure for Kyle, Dillon, and myself... but ended up picking it for a day the caves aren't open! Kind of a shame, it seemed pretty cool.
Well, with the caves out of the picture... Joey decided to just take us to some local pub for the time being
I was extremely amused riding the double-decker bus, something I hadn't done on my last trip. I also watched some little kid licking different things on the bus so his friend would give him a "Polo"... something Joey had to explain to me like 5 times... I guess he could have just said "mint" :P
Uh... Kings Arms?
My first British Pub. I don't drink but it was still a culture credit.. so I just got this random fruit soda...thing.
The amazingness of the £1 store 
(so much better than the $1 store)
annddd it had Kinder Happy Hippos!
After a few more train rides.. and bus rides.. and walking... and stuff... We made our way to Scarlet's house. This girl is amazing... Not only was she about to have to deal with me for a few days... She was willing to drive herself and the 4 of us all the way to Alton Towers... leaving her place at 4AM to get there for opening!
The view from her backyard!
Way cooler than anything else I'd seen that day.
Oh, and she also drove us to Nando's, this super good Mozambican-Portuguese style restaurant... that I forgot to take any photos of, oops! But here I am being a GOON and being super amused about being in the "drivers seat" yeesss!
Uh... this crazy big two floored grocery market
With its very own Travelator?
And also.. this happened...
Photo of the day? 
D'OH!
So.... this could have ended our trip horribly... Flat tire and such.... Thankfully the AAA make that AA man came out semi-quickly. And after making an extremely sexist.. uh.. rude? uh.... unprofessional, unnecessary comment... Fixed Scarlet's car and we were homeward bound for maybe 5 hours of sleep before hitting the road to Alton freakin' Towers!

FYI AA man, just because there are four guys standing around a car, looking at the tire, doesn't mean we were able to fix it ourselves... And it turned out that it was something none of us would have ever been able to fix anyways. Thanks. Next time... How about you just do your job (that you get paid to do!) and not bitch about us not knowing how.
(aww, and just your luck... The parent company called later asking how the service was)


Uh, yeah.. so that's just some random crap photos in and around Metro-London? Yaayyy!

No comments:

Post a Comment