Wednesday, February 25, 2015

And it's not even my birthday

Oh wait, yes it is!
Seven years of  Flickr Cakes!!!
(and the best part is... its a cake!)

So back in 2009, during my first round of Project365.. I wanted to have my 'Photo of the Day' be of me with my birthday cake (obviously) and to be funny I had the cake be a photo of all the photos I had taken so far in the project. I remember being pretty awkward sending in the photo I wanted to have put on the cake... and even more embarrassed when I was contacted by Dairy Queen who wanted to make sure I had sent the right photo to them. After telling them I had... I received my amazing cake and took my POTD with it...
...and the Flickr Cake was born <3
In 2010, my first birthday spent in Florida since moving from Massachusetts, I wasn't planning on getting a cake at all but Jeff had surprised me with a new cake featuring the photo of me and my 2009 cake... and I pretty much died laughing... So for the following 5 years, the tradition continued with year after year of delicious Flickr Cake (now coming from Publix) and while in 2011 when I handed over the photo of the 2010 cake... I was questioned... but suddenly I must have become a sort-of legend at the Kirkman Oaks Publix because before I even hand over the newest photo to be printed on a cake.. I'm greeted by the ladies as "You're the cake guy!!" for the past 2 years
(pretty amazing in its own right)

Anyways, bring on the cake photos!
February 25th, 2009
Ah, 2009..... The original Flickr Cake!
February 24th, 2010
The 2010 cake Jeff got me...
February 24th, 2011
The 2011 cake... I assumed would be the last...
February 25, 2012
Since I didn't plan on doing 365 in 2012.... but here's the cake!
IMG_4671
2013's yummy cake..
Untitled
And the 2014 cake, the photo to be printed on my 2015 cake!
IMG_4748
Mmm, 2015 cake.....
(cake cake cake cake cake cake)

No comments:

Post a Comment