Thursday, April 16, 2015

Uh, the 2015 Seminole County Fair

Uh, well... then there's the Seminole County Fair.
This is the most hit or miss local fair for me it seems. I visited it in 2010, 2011, and maybe 2013? It used to be a rather large fair, being held in the parking lot for the Seminole Towne Center mall. Now it takes place just past the mall in a grass field alongside I4, the fair has also shrunken dramatically over the years and is now pretty basic. That being said, I still managed to have a fun couple of hours and it was nice to see Rok'n'Rol up and running, since I had to skip it at State Fair... I was sure to ride it, here in Sanford.
Last year Strates Shows announced they would no longer run their show by rail, and due to this change are unable to travel with their Huss Top Spin as its not "street legal" in the US. I hope they try and reconfigure the trailer for it, since it's what I consider the shows best piece. Now its just left sitting unused on Orange Ave in Orlando.... Anyways, Seminole County Fair

Once finding the fair, kinda hidden in a field in the middle of nothing alongside the interstate... We got our armbands and headed to the giant wheel so I could get a few photos before the sunset.
Yup... the Giant Wheel
Overview of almost the entire midway. 
Its kinda funny to me, back home this would have been considered a major fair... But by Central Florida standards, its kinda small.
Zyklon!
Yaayyy! Roller Rides!! Uh.. and that guy too!
Ah, just a basic seat belt for the restraint. <3
Woo, coasters
Starship 2000
In the early 90's I would get so excited to ride these... as they were one of bigger "thrill rides" fairs in New England had... but now I tend to overlook them for things better.
But since it had been a few years since I had ridden one, we took it for a spin.
(although it was lame they yelled at people for going sideways / upside down)
Rok'n'Rol!!
It has typically been at the Seminole County Fair every time I've visited.. but it still excites me to see it show up.
Since we skipped it at State Fair, we were sure to ride it here... Although it was placed in kiddie land for some reason and it also ran a disappointingly short cycle.
(but I still love the ride)
Him al aya, while looking rather banged up.. is in oddly great running condition and ran with a super long ride cycle!
Jeff sat out while I took the Fireball for a ride... It gave a strange 3-in-1 cycle... Where it kept cycling down.. and restarting. It was also kinda strange to ride a Fireball without any sort of audio playing.
Zamp Sky Flyer... Its too early in the night to ride you!
Haunted House was on the better end of the 'crappy portable dark-ride' spectrum.
It wasn't good or anything... but it was far better than most of the ones I've encountered.
The Zipper!
(Nope, not gonna happen, my face still hurts)
Pretty sunset.... and stuff
Swamp Gator
(no, I don't have this credit....)
We took Zyklon for a second ride as we made our final lap around the midway
Zyklon from the wheel.
it was kinda funny seeing the reactions to people riding it just thinking of how many massive coasters Orlando has.... and yet this seemed to terrify people!
Before heading out to get some snacks and drive back to Orlando we grabbed a couple of quick last-rides, including one on the Giant Wheel. And for a wheel with 24 cars, it seemed rather unnecessary that the two of us were paired up with another group of riders...
(for a ride with maybe 7 people in line.)
Ah, much better! Sky Flyer is almost always the last ride we do at a fair.
I don't know, tradition?
And while I promised myself I'd never ride a Zipper with Jeff again...
(after the horrific PHONE SMASHING MY FACE incident)
We went for a spin, his phone.... left in my car!

Yaayyy....the 2015 Seminole County Fair

Bonus video via Vine - Video
woo

No comments:

Post a Comment