Thursday, July 25, 2013

Highlands Hammock State Park... and stuff

Hey look, a July update!... From like.... back in April. Oh well.
 better than nothing I guess.
Highlands Hammock State Park!
(For real this time)

Back on Easter I took a 100 mile or so trip down 27 cutting down the middle of Florida and visited Highlands Hammock State Park, here's some photos and stuff.
 
Real Florida credit!!
The Ranger Lady at the entrance tells you the difference between a King Snake (good) and a Coral Snake.......(very bad)
How about we just avoid both?
oh, crap.... wait... Not a snake
It was so sort of lizard...thing
EPIC Swamp boardwalk thing.... <3
Little baby gator!!! As seen from the little boardwalk thing
But don't worry....
Mama wasn't far away!
So... after seeing that, parts of the trail looking like this were unsettling
Yup.... stepping stones.... in the water
I guess having wanted an adventure... I got one? :D
My car blended in nicely here. Accidental-Camouflage? 
While there was the boardwalk and steeping stones, most of the trails were just dirt paths in the woods.
Pretty.
Prettier.
 But hey look, ORANGES!... Just kinda... growing in the wild.
Hmm... and with all this water... Something was missing
((and NO, not because the gator's ate them JEFF))
DID NOT SEE
But I did see this wild piggy! And she had some piglets... but I didn't stick around because.. well... territorial
So yeah, Highlands Hammock State Park was pretty cool. It just happens to be in the middle of nowhere Florida but was worth the drive (and there was a fantastic Mexican restaurant near it!)

If I don't get lazy (ha) I'll post a few Great Wolf Lodge, Dells, photos tonight.

Also, the orginal post featuring Highlands Hammock State Park can be found here


No comments:

Post a Comment