Wednesday, November 9, 2016

The Crayola Experience, Orlando

(There's a crayon in my brain?)
The Crayola Experience, Orlando.
Located along the backside of the Florida Mall is one of Orlando's newer tourist attraction. Taking the place of what was a 70,000 SqFt Nordstrom, the Crayola Experience has been open for about a year but we had yet to experience it, Jeff was able to get passes from a Team Member day and we set off to check the place out. I had wanted to go since it opened but just... hadn't.

Well, uh, here goes nothing!
Woo, The Crayola Experience, Orlando
Part giant gift shop, part discovery center.
Pick Your Pack in the gift shop lets you make your own box of crayons picking from 99 of Crayola’s most popular colors.
Art on the wall showing the Crayon Factory...
History of the boxes and colors within, sadly this is the only real 'historical' part of the experience.
And while I get its geared more to kids, a few more displays like this wouldn't have hurt.
Different colors in the Crayola family.
The "Color Playground" Uh... I didn't climb up in it....
But I did make custom named crayons at the Wrap it up! station.
(Shout out to the SMAC Food Truck)
 Inside of the Crayon Factory you can watch how they make the crayons. It was pretty neat.
I made a Poop Emoji at the Art Alive station, but it failed to get put on the live wall.. haha
Drip Art was probably the coolest thing in here, its pretty much spin art made with melting crayons.
I made this lovely blue and green one....
And... Jeff made this yellow and orange one.

That's pretty much it. I'm glad I got to check out the place... but I did so for free. They say you should plan to spend 3 or 4 hours in here, I doubt I could have, even as a kid. There just didn't seem to be enough to do, and there seemed to be a lot of empty space. Also, at $19 person it seems a bit over priced for what you get inside. Maybe more will be added in the future. Online they claim to had 25 different attractions within but I could only count maybe half that.

Woo?

2 comments:

  1. KANKEN UK, Inc. runs over 50 UK Outfitters stores, over 100 group stores across Europe, our websites and catalogs. Our products are also distributed through more than 2,000 department and specialty stores worldwide. Founded in 2020, kanken backpack sale, Inc. offers lifestyle-oriented general merchandise and consumer products and services through a portfolio of global consumer brands comprised of the Fjallraven, Kanken, TOTE and Rainbow Outfitters brands and its backpacks division.

    ReplyDelete