Sunday, June 19, 2011

Insert Metaphor Here - Yup

Probably the least exciting day of my trip.. Not necessarily bad, just more relaxed than the past three.... If you think its relaxing to spend the day at Worlds of Fun and then drive some 200 miles to Des Moines.
So Worlds of Fun... one of the last few big parks out there I hadn't been to yet... I've now been to, yay. Home to six coasters adults can ride and a bunch of flats too, most of which were ridden... even ones I'd skip most of the time were ridden today (Antique Cars...)
Here we go!
Fjörd Fjärlane was the first thing I rode for the day. Who knew you could make a Swing-Around... not swing...around. What's the point in that?!
After that disappointment I headed over to the Octopus (monster) and then to the Sea Dragon that had uh, lateral movement...
Oh hey, and there are coasters here too... Maybe I should get around to doing a few of those... 
Ok, here we are.. Prowler. Uh, well... Not a bad ride.. I really didn't think it was all that great.
Took a ride up here, and also in the back. I liked it better up front. but I'd still take every other GCI I've been on over it (But Gwazi and Roar)
I would have ridden Zulu, the enterprise... But it was down
Fury of the Nile wasn't open when I walked past, it opened later and I rode it.. and was kinda disappointed.
Although Mamba wasn't disappointing! In fact it was surprisingly good. I just wish it was running more than ONE train (much like Timber Wolf, Prowler...)
Ugh, rode it...counted it.. moved on.
 Kinda been on a train binge the past few days so I hopped on for a ride (and to get some photos of Prowler)
Meh, didn't even try for it. I just assumed I'd get turned away. Moving on..
Hey look! A classic flat, and an opening year attraction for the park.
And even better...
Detonator! A first gen S&S Space Shot (meaning.. its the GOOD kind of Space Shot!) 
and, and, and even better than that!
Cyclone Sam's! Proof an indoor wipeout CAN be good (take that Jokers Wildcard!) - It also showed me Cedar Fair CAN run a flatride good, when they want (Why cant Fjörd?)
 Hm, looks like I won't be riding Thunderhawk 
(the more I looked the more I noticed more and more of the ride was missing! Its pretty much... just the lapbar and OTSR... NO seats, no car around the ride! I wonder whats going on.....)
 Oh hey, Patriot... You're a good ride.. but awfully rattly, so no reride for me today...
 ZzZzz, Spinning Dragons. Orient Express HAD to have been better than this...
And now its time for one last photo....
BAD SHOW!
(I took this in passing and not wanting to look like I was taking a photo... but damn really? I can't believe 'high up' looking employees would be doing such things..... and right at the main entrance to the park! You got guy #1 sitting all.. legs crossed... guy #2 standing on the park bench.. and guy #3, my favorite.. The man with his foot on the bench.. sitting on top of the backrest! REALLY?! at least they have their trash-grabbers)
So one last time, a 200 mile drive from Kansas City to Des Moines...
Come on, really? PLAYED OUT!
MISSOURI
Oooh, how exciting...
IOWA
Annddd... after a fun 200 mile drive to Iowa... It was time for a nap at my super classy hotel...
But first, FOOD!
Gotta love the chair...
Anyways, one full day left of this epic trip and one last park, Adventureland.(uh, the park that got this whole trip planned in the first place!) so yeah.. Time for sleep... then time for Adventureland (by the way, on the way to Adventureland in the morning I'll be rolling over trip mile 1000.... yeah....)

And... I just wanted to include this photo... Seems to kinda be a metaphor of my trip.
(((roller coasters and fields of nothingness)))

1 comment: