Sunday, June 26, 2011

Then I'm walking in Memphis, oh wait.

Memphis, Atlanta? Uh, ok.
So all good things must come to and end eh? After visiting Iowa, South Dakota, Nebraska, and Kansas for the first time (and revisiting Missouri) hitting parks like Worlds of Fun, Adventureland, and Fun Plex... Annddd going to Zoo's, Waterfalls, and sketchy motels all over.... It was time to head back to DES and fly home to Orlando, by way of Memphis. But first! One last zoo, the state house, and uh.. a sleepy red panda? Ok, lets do this.

Des Moines, Iowa... Capital City and most populated in Iowa, very exciting. Since the Zoo didn't open till 10 I took some time to explore downtown.
Hippo checks out the State House. Thrilling (hey mom! Hippo could use a new vest :P )
And here we are.. Blank Park Zoo (that's Zoo #3 if you're counting..)
There's a lot of construction activity around the zoo with 2 new areas being built, sadly I missed the Australian area by just a few days.... :(
Across the Zoo (and kinda splitting it in two during construction..) is the new Sea Lions pool area. The Zoo is having this crazzzzy contest where the winner will get a chance.. TO SWIM... in the pools! (kinda bad ass if you ask me)
Oh wow! a Chance C.P. Huntington Train...
I had to ride it... And it had a tunnel!
Oh yeah, and it is a zoo after all... so lets see some animals...
Awww, BABBY Swans :D
A Hippo! (well, kinda..)
Fish, inside the neat little 'Discovery Center' at the main entrance.
Sleepy...red...panda! :D
Annddd a sleepy Snow Leopard too!
And... a not so sleepy Tiger, doing his thing.
Another day another Giraffeosaurus-Rex...
 Speaking of Rex's... they had this awful DINOSAURS thing... in the back (I wonder if this is the same crap Kings Island got)
Yeah.... moving on.
From fake Dino's to fake Cows!
And real Penguins :) (having lunch!)
Awwwwwwwwwww! Serval!!!
 After contemplating smuggling it out in my backpack..  it was time to leave and make the short two mile drive to the airport.
Ah, DES... To MEM I go..... how silly of me for thinking that.
So much for Memphis... ATLANTA.... But I got to go to Great Wraps.
(and wait hours upon hours for my connection to Orlando)
Ahh, back home in Orlando. Everyone is starting their vacations here.. And I'm ending mine.
Sorry this update took so long. Having gotten home so late I just kinda passed out.. And then I had car issues..and then photobucket had issues... and then I had work.. So yeah, sorry.

And for a quick recap... I was in Florida, Illinois, Iowa*, South Dakota*, Nebraska*, Missouri, Kansas*, and Georgia.. Drove over 1000 miles in less than a week.. Visited 3 Zoos, 3 Amusement Parks, 2 Arcades with a coaster, 1 Family Fun Center, and a Water Fall... I wonder where my next vacation will take me?

1 comment:

  1. What day where you in ATL coming back? We had a nice little flight issue at ATL on Tuesday night when coming back. It sucked. :(

    ReplyDelete