Friday, June 17, 2011

I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore...

But I was, for an hour or so... So where to begin, the day started in Omaha, NE and ended in Kansas City, MO. With a zoo, more flooded roads, a closed highway, a kiddie coaster, and a new state, and more! Woo, so here we go....
 Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo, the most amazing zoo ever? (although Miami comes close....)
Got my admission, Skyfari ticket, and epic Train ticket... Lets do this!
The Zoo itself is pretty epic and massive in size... The train is over two miles long, the Skyfari sky ride is long as well.. and there are sooo many animal houses. I was overwhelmed. And I'm so, soo glad I didn't skip this... Incredible.
Aww, adorable little bunny!! but better yet....
.......
...
Ok, now wait for it.... 
wait for it......!!!
..
 Kitty's! The zoo is home to 9 different species of them and it's the largest
 'Cat Complex' in North America! Annnddd they were allll sooo prettttyyyy :D
PHOTO FOR JOEY!...although I'm sure Eric would like it too.
:O! Peahen... and BABBY PEACOCK! I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever seen baby ones :D
Sea Dragon thing on 'Sue's' Carousel... Moving on.
Awww! A Bear!!! Two days in a row! :D
 Awww, and fuzzy little animals! I love this zoo!!
Another day, another Zoo, another Rhino, moving on.
Hey look! The Skyfari
100% worth the $2 ticket!
Uh, African Penguin's doing their thing...
Parrot's ...they upset me.
But trains don't!
 And this one is pretty amazing. I mean, I could go on and on about it.. But I'll just link to it's Wiki Page (click)
Seas Aquarium! Much like the Sea Life Aquarium I did last summer at the Mall of America.. Only this one is part of the zoo! (I think this is only second Zoo with an Aquarium I've been to?)
Holy crap, and they had Hippo's! threeeee of them :D :D
And one of the most badass things I've ever seen... Called 'Kingdoms of the Dark'... Pretty much, its like going to the Zoo at night, with no path lights and extremely minimal lightning used... (and its indoors!)

This was one of the more well-lit areas! (and a long exposure photo)
Ok, that's enough zooing for one vacation... lets hit the road for KANSAS! thrilling....
Ah, Tiƫsto's Magikal Journey (best of album) perfect driving music...
So leaving Omaha, I head back into Iowa passing Missouri and going into Kansas for the first time ever.. But first!...
REALLY? The whole highway is closed? AGAIN?!
Good thing my GPS re-routed me onto this scenic back-road.
That also comes to an abrupt end in some small Iowan town....
Thankfully my GPS sent me down this dirt road for about 10 miles.. and ended up taking me all the way into Missouri....
 Eww, lets keep going..
 Although... I'm not sure this is gonna be much better (State #35!)
Ooh, and hey look! A legitimate reason for me to be here...well, kinda.
I feel so dirty.... But at least this one isnt powered :P
Ah, a Python Pitt, its been too long. 
 Cha-ching! or something like that.
Zonkers, like Jeepers... or Go Banana's... or Dinorex has the same ole' same old arcade games, train ride, and play areaz... Yup, its very exciting.
Yup.
 Yeah... So I'm not sure what the deal is... But pretty much everywhere I've gone in KS/MO has had this NO GUNS sticker on the door.. As if really needed to be posted.
Well isnt that informative...
Yup, so thats pretty much it for the day... The Amazing Omaha Zoo, driving all the way to Kansas, and then crashing at my hotel in Kansas City, MO (right down the street from Worlds of Fun, hmm.. I wonder where I'm going in the morning.....) Now yesterday I posted a whole bunch of photos of my ballin' hotel... Here's a photo of tonight's.... 
DOWNGRADE!... and I'm not sure how I feel about the bright purple chair or how the desk is kinda in the middle of the room (its not a bad room.. its just kinda.. empty).. But you can't beat the view!
Sweet, Mamba (and Patriot, Timber Wolf, Sky Coaster, and Detonator!) anyways, I could ramble on more.. But I'd rather just go to bed so I can get up and ride stuff...Ok, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment