Thursday, October 10, 2013

B-52 Memorial Park, that big plane at MCO....

Ever notice that big-ass plane sitting off to the side of 528 right before the exit to the airport?
Well, if you exit to the airport and drive around to the economy lot via Bear Rd. (yaayyy) you'll end up at, uh, B-52 Memorial Park. Who knew?

So one day I got up and said to myself.... I'm gonna find that big plane....
And I did. Exciting, I know.
Using my phone as a GPS it was almost an adventure just getting to the plane. The roads have changed and my GPS hasn't updated for this, I mean, I guess there's no real reason for it to. After getting lost going around in circles at the airport I found my way, kinda...
Woo, Bear road!
Hmm, I guess this is the right way...
Oops, or not.
Oh, here we go. As you can see, its extremely busy here.
Based off this "B52" garden, I'll assume I'm at the right place...
Yup!
There it is, a B-52D Stratofortress, 56-0687
B-52 Memorial Park
It was kinda, uncomfortable being here and being the only one around.....
 None of the flag poles had flags on them.
The K9 memorial was missing or never added
But there is this giant plane!
That you cant climb on...
The plane was part of the 306th Bomb Wing at McCoy Air Force Base
(now Orlando International Airport, MCO)
Big tail... yup
Before ending up back in Orlando, the plane was part of the 7th Bomb Wing out of Carswell in Texas.
56-0687 is the only B-52 on display in Florida and sadly it seems like no one even knows its there.
So yeah, that's about it. I don't know how many more photos of a plane are needed for this random blog post... but yeah, B-52 Memorial Park. If you're ever in the MCO area you can check it out, its even free! woo
 Oh hey look, its me.
If I'm not lazy in the next week or two I might post some of my Oklahoma stuffs
(Frontier City, Pops, Route 66?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment