Thursday, October 31, 2013

The James show. PT.9 - Featuring Deka

So... Yeah... Six Flags Over Georgia.
Being laid-over in Atlanta overnight and having the option to take a later flight the next day... The simple choice was to take a quick trip to Six Flags, I had even done the same thing last summer when a missed connection occurred and a flight the next day was rebooked. If only today had worked out the same as last year. Deka and I ended up at the park on what was the last day of the season before the park switched over to weekends only. It was also bring a friend day for season pass holders. So yeah, it was incredibly busy and after staying in the park just over two hours, we left, without ever riding a single coaster! In fact, we just rode Acrophobia (my favorite) and the new for 2013 Sky Screamer (that Deka had yet to ride, despite SFOG being her home park and being a pass holder herself!) We still managed to have fun at the park, I just wish I could have ridden Mind Bender or Goliath. I don't know... maybe next year.
Anyways, a few photos....
Ooooh.... Six Flags!!!! Were gonna have fun!!!
Oooohhh!!!! Excitement building!!!!
Annddd...... All hopes and dreams of riding anything or having any sort of fun... stopped here.
(and at this point the park had already been open a few hours!)
Walking into the park... You'll pass no less than 2,000 signs for the parks new Sky Screamer. It was almost seasons end and Deka still hadn't ridden it yet and it was on my to-do list. Sadly, I didn't know it would be one of just two things I'd be riding all day...
Mmmm, Goliath and Acrophobia!
I really wanted to ride both, but because of the extreme busyness of the park and lack of time, I was only able to ride one.... but it was the one that's important to me (Acro!)
Even Cyclone had a (long) line.. Running both trains, full. I don't think I've seen any line for this ride in my past 8-9 visits! That being said, I was fine not riding it today....
We had to make our way past it and up the hill for something better... :D
Mmmm, Acrophobia!
My favorite stand-up, spinning, tilting, drop tower!
Also, I guess it's my second favorite drop tower over all. Just behind Hurakan Condor
After a very good ride on Acro, with an extremely long loading process.... We made our way to the park end of the park.
For Sky Screamer! The queue was full and spilling out onto the midway but Deka said this was the shortest she had seen it all summer, pointing to where the park has temporary extended queue areas setup to the left of the entrance....
yaayyy! Swing Towers!
Sky Screamer was placed where the parks Enterprise, Wheelie, once stood (and they used the same queue house). Wheelie ended up making its way to Orlando and was featured in one of the bonus twitter photos in the very first part of this trip!
We're having a Six Flags.... day
(ya ya ya!)
Sky Screamer runs rather short but I guess with a giant line the park cares more about capacity rather than giving the people who just waited an hour a good ride, worth their wait. I don't know, maybe I'm just used to the Star Flyer we have in Orlando that runs a nice long program. (at $7 a ride)

And now.... photos of three coasters I didn't get to ride but wanted to!
(and yes, I've ridden them all in the past... ZzZzz)
NINJA!
Yeah, I know... everyone hates it... But I kinda like it?
And.... Goliath
Pretty sure everyone likes this one...
Annddd... Mind Bender, my favorite coaster in the park :(
(at least I got to ride it 3 or 4 times... last year)
Random 7/11 Slurpee machines in the park now.
Six Flags New England added them as well but I don't remember seeing them at other Six Flags parks I've been to. I'm sure they have them as well.. I just didn't care?
WE'RE HAVING FUN

Yeah, so that's it... After leaving the park Deka drove me to the airport where I found once again my flight was gonna be delayed... But at least this time I got the slightest bit of compensation... a $25 meal card... that I wasted $23.50 of! (on a veggie wrap, a jumbo peanut butter smoothie... a cookie.. and some expensive bagged gourmet popcorn) at some point I did make it back to Orlando where Jeff picked me up and drove me home. Then I went to work the next day and drove the Monorail in circles for 12 hours... yay!

Conclusion PT.2

Yup, a nice relaxing vacation

went from Florida to Georgia to Oklahoma to Missouri to Kansas back to Missouri to Arkansas back to Oklahoma to Texas back to Oklahoma again and onto Missouri to Georgia and once more, back to Florida in 9 days....added some 41 new counties (and a whole bunch of revisited ones!), 5 new parks (and 3 revisited), and some 17 new for me coasters, including a new top 3 woodie! As well as visiting 2 (3?) zoo's, a waterpark... a giant soda store and the largest man-made arch in the world...Along with the 6 flights to and from 4 different airports (2 new for me!)... lots of duck sitings and even a few bears along the way. annddd I got to hang out with two of my first coaster-friends..... friends.

. <3 good times.

Woo, some 225 photos later... my longest blogged-trip update is finished!

Bonus photos via twitter -
https://twitter.com/CanobieFan/status/364046689780236288
https://twitter.com/CanobieFan/status/364073938600484864
https://twitter.com/CanobieFan/status/364088650436333568


Bonus random tweets -
https://twitter.com/CanobieFan/status/364065563422625792

No comments:

Post a Comment