Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Two Flags Over Niagara Fun Park

Er, uh, I mean.....
Martin's Fantasy Island!
Yeah yeah, lets go with that...

So back in June I made a trip to Buffalo, NY to visit Yatpay and pretty much use his house as a base-camp to pick up some upstate New York and Canada credits... Oh, and also to hang out with my friend and make him ride Silver Comet!
(Since this trip.. he's now moved to NYC... and I'll be making him go to Coney Island in 2014!)
Martin's Fantasy Island! Well worth the price
(of their after 5pm rate)
I'd been here once before, on a cold and raining season-opening day back in 2005
((they were in the process of replacing the maps when I was here last time))
Pretty much everything here now was new for me but Silver Comet, the Ferris Wheel, and the Log Flume (that was skipped this go-around) I really, really liked Silver Comet back in 2005... So I was pretty excited to get to ride it again as well as take in all these new flat rides (and be kinda sad at the ones removed since 05... I regret not riding Chaos but I'm glad Sling Shot is gone)
Since my visit in 05 I've driven past the park at least 4 times.. But half of those were in the winter when the park wasn't open and another time it was like 6AM because I needed to be at Canada's Wonderland at opening....

We got to the park at like.. 4:30 and waited around for the after 5 rate to kick in... Once inside the park I kinda.. ran off to the parks newest coaster....
Max's Doggy Dog Coaster!
Yatpay... sat it out.
I, on the other hand.. got my +1!
And it was sooo worth it.

Getting the first of my two credits... I made my way over to Silver Comet.. not really caring about the second credit yet.
Silver Comet! Still so good after all these years.. and now with a rainbow-ish train.
Back in 05 it had an all purple train.
It was Yatpay's first coaster since 2009! Although we tried to ride a coaster earlier in the day but it was closed.
(He liked it... so did I!)
Mind Warp was new last year and like I've noted in past updates... it's one of just two Technical Park Loop Fighters in the US....
This, is the better of the two.
Blaah.. the park now has a Zamp Mega Disk'o... I would have skipped it if it had a line.. but it was a walk on so I took a spin.
(I liked NITRO, the parks former Frisbee better...)
FYI, decorative fence.
Flight, a Zamp swing tower was new back in 07 I believe
It replaced the parks AWFUL chance Sling Shot
I found it awfully suspicious that its in the same colors as the original Funtime Star Flyer
(and amusing that people online think its a Star Flyer and not a crappy Zamp product)
But its fun... despite the parks bizarre loading process of not letting anyone into the ride area until they have enough riders to fill a certain number of seats (no singles either!)
It just makes it look... closed, as you see people waiting around in line.. but all the seats remain empty.
Hey look, a ferris wheel.. that only went around ONE time....
 And that Log Flume I rode back in 05 and got annihilated on... PASS
OH LOOK! and that Crazy Mouse coaster that was "new for 2005"
To be fair, while the sign hung at the ticket booth says July, their website didn't... So it was a little disappointing that opening day the coaster was not only MIA, they had barely cleared ground.
Well, at least the rides here now.... Although not very good.
Easy credit, I guess.
This lady had the same face I did, the whole ride.
(But she probably knows the people riding with her... I got placed with some random old guy that pretty much sat on my lap)
Until riding it this past summer... Crazy Mouse was one of the extremely few adult coasters I'd seen in passing... but not ridden. (in fact, right now I can't even think of any off the top of my head unless seeing the coasters at Scream Zone from a plane counts?)

With time running out.. and both of our needs for some numnums.. We made our way to the exit.. but with a few more quick stops on the way out.
Martin's had the first ARM Full Tilt.. and much like the one I rode owned by Reithoffer.. it was boring.. But the girl next to me seemed to be having a good time..
Or a heart attack, I'm not sure.
This is the only park I know of that has "I Got It".... So I made Yatpay play...
(They have a touring version at the Florida State Fair I can't seem to pass up)
He didn't get it.
And I was amused by this...
Ok and now for real before leaving...
We took one last ride (front row <3) on Silver Comet.

I hope its not 8 again... before I ride it again. Although with lack of real-reason to head back up that way.. It might just be that long.
After leaving the park and driving back to Buffalo (Orchard Park) we stopped at a TGI Fridays and watched Nik Wallenda's Skywire Live. yay
So yeah, Martin's Fantasy Island... a much better park in 2013 than it was in 2005 and still home to a world class Wood Coaster. Its just inconvenient to get to for a park that's not really in an "out of the way" location.


No comments:

Post a Comment