Wednesday, October 1, 2014

(Blah, London PT.2) The Eye, the Dungeon, & Sea Life

Hey look, I can do touristy things too!
So the plan was... Joey was gonna take me downtown and get me a *free* ride on the London Eye <3 (freeeeee!) but since his Merlin comps also worked at the Sea Life Aquarium and London Dungeon attractions also located near the Eye, I took him up on his offer and whored-out on culture
The idea was to spend some time at the Eye and surrounding area before hoping on a train and heading out to Adventure Island amusement park and picking up a few quick credits. Once getting my London attraction tickets in hand I was left on my own with a handy step-by-step map from the Eye to Adventure Island and back to Joey's place from there. Sweet, its like back before GPS and stuff.... 

So after a So/So day at Thorpe I thought to myself this London day would be a fun and easy going stress-free kind of day.
(hahaha)
So it was off to the train to Central London / South Bank area.
Woo
It was "stupid hat and dress combo" day or something in London... Pretty much every lady at the train station had on these terrible hats....
Ahhhhahahahahah
The easy to navigate London Metro, Oh... the Underground.
It amazes me that people can look at that and find where they wanna go... Yet at Disney World they cant figure out circular Monorail system with just FIVE stops..... <3
Oh man, GIANT Ferris Wheel!
But first I need my comp tickets for the other two attractions....
So lets move onto....
The London Dungeon
(Freeeeeeeeeeee)
The London Dungeon is a large haunted house attraction with a few rides within. Its one continuous haunt that tells some history and urban legends of London's past.
 It features a reversing flume ride, a mirror maze, a drop tower, and an audio sensory experience along with live actors and stuff. I was surprised at how long it turned out being and was actually amused by the whole experience (it even made me feel sick when they went into great detail on torture.)
Photos are not allowed inside the building... So that's all I have.
Next door to the London Dungeon is.....
The Sea Life London Aquarium!
(Freeeeeee!!!)
((Animals!!!!))
This..... is amazing <3
 Mr. Lionfish
Fish and stuff
Depressing...
(It lights up every few seconds)
Sea Horses!
Uh, fish
:D Cuban Crocodile
Turtles
Horrifying Crabs
And a happy little Gentoo Penguin!
Ah... and now for the Eye.
And because I was a single rider, I got right in via the express lane! <3
I wanted to ride the elusive Orange pod...
But I ended up in the pod right behind it...
"Never in America"
You just walk up and get in as the wheel turns slowly, miss the pod? You get to fall some 30 feet right into the River Thames!
A view inside the pod
(that featured WiFi)
Jubilee Gardens and stuff.
London Waterloo station, the busiest station in England!
"London"
St Paul's Cathedral and stuff
Woo, 440 feet up.
Now my second tallest ride.
Boats in the River Thames.
Stand here, take photo?
Hey look! Big Ben and Palace of Westminster.
After getting off the Eye I took a short walk around the Jubilee Gardens and stuff...
Street performer playing a Badger?
Some sort of bear thing....
And this odd looking golden carousel.
 That I took a ride on!
Neat little fountain + seagull playing "art"
Walked across the Golden Jubilee Bridges.
So I could get some typical London Eye photos.
(it was worth it)
Westminster and Big Ben again.
Love Locks on the Westminster Bridge.
Neat little pedestrian bridge that goes right into a building....
Oh hey, and now I'm back at the Waterloo Underground station....
(everybody start singing ABBA)

So now comes that part that should have been pretty easy and stress-free and turned into an amusement park adventure catastrophe. 
Adventure Island.
(never again)

Bonus Tweets
Tweet - Excitement
Tweet - Eye photo

And a big thanks to Joey for getting me into the 3 places <3
catastrophe
catastrophe

1 comment:

  1. Erm that's Charring Cross station and it's the busiest station in the UK is Clapham Junction. <3

    ReplyDelete