Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The longest day.

While I might have missed the Summer Solstice by 3 days.... June 24th was my longest day of the year.
Waking up from my nap on a bench at Copenhagen Airport, Kastrup I was off on a cross-the-world adventure back to the United States. Copenhagen, Denmark to Boston, Massachusetts but split between Copenhagen Airport, Kastrup, to Gatwick Airport, to Keflavík International Airport, to General Edward Lawrence Logan International Airport all in the same "10" hours because of timezone changes. Woo.. Four airports, four countries, 3 flights... and a lovely walk from the MBTA to my parents house.
Yup.... CPH to LGW to KEF to BOS.... and no missed connections!
(although I came close in London)
 Sweet, Norwegian Air Shuttle Flight 2511 with service to London Gatwick 
(and with free in-flight WiFi!)
 Once in London, it was off to my connection to Iceland via Icelandair...
That happens to be in the other terminal. International connections on different airlines booked at different times... Isn't so smart I guess (but doable, since well, I did it?)
Also.. Ew, Aer Lingus (NEVER Again)
 Ugh... So annoying... when you only have an hour layover. 
 The few of us making the connection from South to North got to ride a bus... One family was frantically trying to make their flight to Orlando (they missed it)
 And even worse... once on the other side.... I had to deal with this crap.
After calling.. and waiting.. and calling a second time.. 25 minutes later someone came along to give me my London-Iceland boarding pass.
 Woo, but I made it! Just as they were starting to load pre-boarding
Ok, bye London! Off to Iceland
 Damn... Ok.. Made it back to Keflavík. 
 The IKEA Airport <3
I had just enough of a layover to grab a bag of chips and a drink before jumping on my next and final flight of the day.
 Lovely cold and rainy Iceland <3
Everyone was pretty much running up to the plane as they called zones to avoid standing outside in the rain. Soon enough we'd be on our way to Boston <3
 And... home. Well, kinda. At Logan again at least.
Now to just clear customs and get my bus to the subway.
 Ah... The Blue Line... if I can just make it to State... transfer to the Orange and get home.. I can sleeeeepppppp.

Yaayyy! Back at Oak Grove! Now to just walk the mile or so to my parents house... Unpack my backpack... repack my suitcase I had left there at the start of this trip... pet my kitty... Sleep for a couple of hours.. get up super early.. and walk back to Oak Grove and head off back to the airport for my next flight. 
(up to 7 now, if you're counting)
I <3 Adventures

Bonus Twitter Stuffs -
World Travelin' - Tweet
First Tweet I've ever made in-flight! - Tweet
Gatwick's WiFi sucks - Tweet
Home - Tweet
The realization - Tweet 

Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment