Thursday, January 22, 2015

Shadow Bay Park

So just a few blocks from where I live and less than a mile from Universal Studios is an Orange County, County Park, Shadow Bay Park. I like to walk around it every once in a while but never really got around to making a blog post rambling about it before, well, until now.
The park has a few lakes, a playground, a couple of walking/bike trails, a massive tennis court complex, and a small nature preserve.
(these photos just cover that aspect)
 Shadow Bay Park
 Lupine Pond, and the entrance road to the park
 The entrance to the nature preserve area.
 For the most part its fence lined to keep people from destroying the protected habitat
 The park is home to both endangered animals and plant life.
(Who knew)
 Most of the path is very sandy as well.. and it has a name!
Florida Sand Scrub, an endangered ecoregion.
 Oh man! I saw a Gopher Tortoise!
And.... Opuntia, prickly pear cactus. 
I had no idea Florida has naturally growing Cacti.
 Hidden in the back of the park is this little pond with lilies
Until this visit I never even knew this pond was here.
(I guess I had never walked that deep in)
 Hey look, me!
And the lovely trail back to the parking lot.
pretty pretty

Yup

No comments:

Post a Comment