Wednesday, August 5, 2015

(Day 7) The Happiest Place on Earth! :3

So since I had an extra day... I started looking into what I could do. Yellowstone was in the "area".. ha, kinda....but with just a day, I didn't wanna rush the place. Yellowstone is something I really wanna take the time to explore someday so while tempting... I passed. I had also looked at going to Jackson Hole and Grand Teton but again, passed on it as to not ruin it for a future trip. I also was thinking about just driving into Idaho to grab a state credit but I didn't wanna just drive hundreds of miles out of my way for nothing. Looking at RCDB to see how unrealistic a trip to Silverwood would be something else got my attention... And once I realized it was actually doable... my plans had been made.
<3 :D :3
Bah, so I packed up my bag... got in the car.. and started my drive. 260 miles or so to my destination... 4.5 hours.
Downtown Pinedale, WY
So much snow still on the mountains but I'm OK with it as long as it stays away from me.
The whole drive to Rexburg was pretty beautiful
Man... roads like these are something I miss in Florida... actual elevation changes.
Pretty pretty
Heading down into Jackson, WY. I didn't stop in the town.. although I wanted to. I didn't realize I'd even be passing into it. I knew it was in the area but hadn't really studied the map in advance.
Driving the mountain passes out of Jackson over to the Idaho state line was pretty awesome.
Grand Teton from the Wyoming side. I really wanted to spend the day down there and do stuff in Jackson Hole.. but I didn't wanna rush it over a half day
(much like why I didn't venture a little more north to Yellowstone)
Mountains... and stuff.
But suddenly.....
Welcome to IDAHO!
(Lets make that state #44 for me!)
<3 I'M BEAR AWARE!! <3
But I failed to see any bears, here.
Grand Teton, from the Idaho side... pretty awesome looking.
but I had to keep driving because....
Oooooooooh man!!!
YELLOWSTONE BEAR WORLD!
Yeeesssssss!!!!
This is the greatest place ever!!!!!
Bear World is part Drive-Through safari, part petting zoo, and part 'amusement park'. The place has been around since the 90's but it wasn't until 2013 when a coaster was discovered here.
Once playing admission at the toll plaza, you drive right into the safari area with the rest of the park being found at the end. You're also able to go around the safari path as many times as you want.
(I did 2 laps)
The first half is all the non-bear animals from the Yellowstone area... and they all just walk freely around.
Hello Mr. American Bison
Please don't charge my car....
White Tailed Deer.
And this Rocky Mountain Elk.
Aww, the Gray Wolf.
And now... for the main reason I had driven all the way up to Idaho......

Wait for it.... wait for it.......
!!!
Ooooooh maaannnnn!!!!
BEARS!... So many bears!!!! :D :D :D
Like this adorable Black Bear
And these two as well <3
Bears everywhere!!!
Mr. Grizzly Bear going for a swim.
!!! :D :D :D :3 :3 :3
Trying to control my excitement as a big bear was just inches from me!!!
(did I lock my doors?)
Once you finish the safari you pull into the main parking lot where the gift shop, petting zoom, and rides are. There is also a loop-back for those who wanna reenter the safari.
Oh man! And FREE FUDGE!
!!!! Yeeesssssss and a massive bear themed gift shop!
(I wanted everything....)
I was very, very tempted to buy one of the hoodies being sold.. but couldn't being myself to spend $70 on it.
<3 <3 <3
Black Bear.... drool... flavored fudge.
!!!!
BABY BEAR!!!!
Soooo freakin' cute!!!
They actually offer a bottle feeding program for the bears, but you need to sign up in advance and when I decided to come up here the night before... all the time slots for the day were full.
(I asked again when I showed up to see if anyone had canceled.. but with no luck)
So I just admired them from a semi-close distance.
:3
Awwww
AWWWW!!!!!!
He stood up and walked over to me taking a photo :D
Once past the baby bear area is a small petting zoo.
Where I saw this happy Goat!
And a few more Deer
Aww, and this Pig that kept coming up to me.
And while not part of the petting zoo, the Moose were visible from within it.
(they were too far back from the road to be seen on the safari)
Moooooo-se?
SO FREAKIN' CUTE!
Little baby Deers :D
Annddd some quack quacks <3
That Pig that still kept following me around.
Sorry buddy, I don't have any feed.
This Deer came up to me too, and stared eating my shirt. :S
The lady moose went for a drink, majestically in the river.
Shhh, nap time.
Aww and a baby duck?!
Yeesssss! This place is so amazing.
On the other side of the shop is the amusement area, home to 3 rides and a coaster.
Zamp Jump Around ride
Jumpin’ Star
And a Zamp Circus Train.
Log Roll'r Coaster!
RCDB only had a couple of photos of it and none show the ride running. I half-expected to not be able to ride since it was unknown if adults could ride and since its pretty remote and newly discovered I hadn't heard of anyone else trying to ride it.
(But I came here for the bears, the possibility of a coaster was just a bonus!)
Uh oh... Guess it's not very ACE friendly.....
Nerd Shot #1 - Control panel.
Nerd Shot #2 - Booster tire
BOOM! Credit!
Haha, yeesss! My first... uh.. and only Idaho coaster credit!
(Worth it!)

After leaving Bear World I wanted to do something else in Idaho before heading to my hotel. Using my phone as well as my GPS I looked for different points of interest that would be along the way to Salt Lake City to just waste some time.
So I ventured down into the city of Idaho Falls
And much like when I visited Sioux Falls... Idaho Falls has, well, a water fall.
Hey look! That guy.. and uh.. those water falls...
The area around the falls and the Idaho Falls Idaho LDS Temple
While not a large drop off, some 20 feet... the falls are still pretty wide (about 1,200 feet across) and pretty looking
The damn on the right side of the falls.
And the Snake River just past the falls where the water is much calmer.
(And also freezing cold! People were swimming in it.. I just put my feet in. ha)
The area around the fall is a 'Greenbelt' maintained by the city and it features this little Japanese Garden.
That also incorporates part of the falls.

So as I'm walking around the falls, Rob texts me saying his friend really loved this Mexican restaurant named Jalisco's and that it was in Idaho Falls. It turned out, the place was right across the street from where I parked to look at the falls... finding this amusing... I walked in and got me some lunch.
Haha, so as I'm reading the text, I'm looking right at the place!
Mexican numnums <3
Mmmmmm
It was super good.
After finishing my fajitas I hit the road for the final long drive of my trip... the 215 mile / 3 hour drive south to SLC
Woo
Heading south from Idaho Falls on my way back to Salt Lake City, Utah.
Annddd..... Crossing back into Utah.
Man.... almost full circle.
Oh hey! There's Lagoon again!... And uh..
Cannibal still not open.
(It did its first publicized test run with riders the very next day.....)
Ah... and my super awesome Salt Lake City hotel room.
Sweet, the next day would be my last of the trip and I still had no idea what to do. I was thinking about going to the Zoo... but the reviews seemed so/so... I kinda wanted to go to Park City but it was $$$ and, well, with my flight not leaving till 10pm.. I needed to find something to do. ha I pretty much figured it out once I got up the next morning.

Ah... and the Twitter things
Western Wyoming - Photo
 Bear World coaster - Photo 
 A bear just hanging out next to my car! - Photo
Yellowstone Bear World overview (via Vine) - Video
Idaho Falls... Falls - Photo

Yeeessssssssss

1 comment:

  1. You sure that's a Jumpin Star? Looks like a frog hopper to me... I know my zamp rides ;)

    ReplyDelete