Saturday, April 28, 2018

The Real Housewives of Kissimmee

Magic Castle Inn & Suites
(focal point of the film, The Florida Project)

So...last year a movie came out by the name The Florida Project (a play on the development name for Walt Disney World) I had wanted to see it after everyone started raving about it but failed to get the chance. Luckily during a delightful 16 hour flight I was on to Hong Kong, it was being offered as part of the inflight entertainment... So I watched it... and I really, really enjoyed it.
The film follows of the lives of people who live in the hotels off 192 right behind Disney. Knowing the area and living/working in the area.. it almost seemed like the film could have just been a documentary of life in Kissimmee... and up until the very end of the film.. it seems like it could have even been a reality TV show. While obliviously a movie and not real life, it does give a very real feeling of what its like for people who live and work right on the doorsteps of the Disney empire but might never be able to afford the chance to visit and how millions of visitors yearly have no idea whats really going on where they vacation. ....But I guess that could be said for anywhere, really.
 But it was kinda neat to see a whole bunch of places I've been to or been past. Showing things like Orange World, Twistee Treat, different crappy gift shops, the Mickey Pylon!... and even signs for Cici's Pizza and Ichiban Buffet (one of my favorites!)

I almost feel like had I seen this film before moving down to Orlando... it might have even put me off it. ha
But yeah, Magic Castle Inn & Suites.
Yup.
And much like in the movie.... there were even Sandhill Cranes!
((AND A BABY!!))
(((yyeeeessssss)))

Annddd.... here's the Trailer for the movie.
So yeah... if you haven't seen this movie yet... you probably should.
and here's a rather good news story about the hotel and movie - click

No comments:

Post a Comment