Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Orlando Eye... or I-Drive Live.. or I-Walk... or, whatever they wanna call it this week

A few random photos of the Orlando Eye project under construction on I-Drive in Orlando.... Home to the tallest wheel on the east coast, the 425 foot Orlando Eye.
After what seems like years of delay and five or six name changes... the Orlando Eye is finally being built, yay 
(here's some photos of the complex)
Woo, the Orlando Eye complex!
The idea for the great Orlando Ferris Wheel has been going around since at least 2008 and is now actually being built.
yaayyy
Once finished the wheel should stand 425 feet tall.. but based off the A-Frame needing to be at least half the height.... it doesn't look 200 feet in person... 
But I'll be sure to ride it anyways :P
Intamin is believed to be building the wheel itself, although I've not found any info stating this for sure.
Some of the bars / restaurants look almost ready to go.
Parking area and room for more shopping/attractions.

woo, I'll be sure to post some photos once the area opens.. and maybe go for a ride or two

3 comments:

  1. The Orlando Sentinel reported Intamin as the builder back in August. You can read the article here: http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-08-27/business/os-international-drive-construction-20130827_1_wheel-kings-bowl-orlando-premium

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I found a few others where it said "rumored to be from..."

      Delete
    2. Mmmhmmm. And when did I tell you? Exactly when I told you so.

      Also, from various points around town (like when at Pei Wei) it totally looks like a giant Huss Pirate!

      Delete