Wednesday, May 7, 2014

100 things you must do in Orlando before you die?

One day at work on my lunch I saw a tweet sent out by Orlando Weekly with a list called "100 things you must do in Orlando before you die" and the claim that it was a list of things everyone who lives in Orlando should do at least once. Well, everyone knows I love lists... After setting myself up for a good laugh I was kinda surprised at how little I myself had done but most of what I was missing was like "getting drunk at Epcot" or "eating this nasty-ass-meat product" and one even saying "get high and go to Disney"... and suddenly I didn't feel bad I was missing these check boxes... Although one missing that needed to be checked off immediately was "#40. Take a date on a swan boat paddling tour of Lake Eola." not so much of a date... but an excuse to ride the silly swan boats downtown! I've always liked going downtown and walking at Lake Eola, so this was just kinda an excuse to see some ducks.

Woo, Lake Eola! Orlando's answer to Boston Gardens or Central Park.... 
although on a far less grand scale.
The Linton E. Allen Memorial Fountain, the centerpiece of
Lake Eola Park
(and it's actually a sinkhole filled in with water) 
The Florida State flag, US flag, and City of Orlando flag, woo
Annddd.... the reason were here!
While I've been down to the lake a good 10-15 times.. this would be my first time going for a Swan ride.... butttt.....
It turns out you can pick between swans or ducks!
I obviously went with the duck :D
And away we go!
I was to manly for a swan anyways...
Oh hey, and a there's a whole bunch of real swans!
Look out geese!!
(honk honk!)
After our 30 minutes were up and a failed attempt at making a full-round around the fountain we made a lap of the park itself on foot.
 Where we found some baby swans! Aww, they don't look evil.
 yet
Unlike this one, that's clearly plotting something...
Mr. Squirrel came over to say hello.
Little baby Mallard's with mama duck :V :v :v :v :D!
Annddd the best part of Lake Eola!!!
Yeeessssss!!!!

So yeah, swan DUCK Boat was ridden and the mental check-mark was made. Just one less thing to do on the 100 list. The entire list can be found here and for what its worth... I've manged to do 2, 5, 13, 22*, 25, 36, 47, 49, 55, 57, 73 (ugh), 85, 97, and now.... 40. 
Woo

No comments:

Post a Comment