Thursday, May 15, 2014

A look back at my Passport...?

So back in the fall of 2013 I started the fun process of renewing my passport because somehow it had been ten years since I got my first one and I was getting everything ready for my upcoming cruise in January of 2014 (yeah) and I also may need one for future adventures....
Looking back at all the stamps I had gotten (and wishing I hadn't missed out on others) I took a few photos and well, now I'm making a rambly blog post about it. Yaayyy

So back in 2003 I tried to plan a trip to Russia, for the spring of 2004.... Things didn't work out with Russia but I ended up going on a whirlwind trip across Central Europe with one of my best friends on one of those "trip of a lifetime" sort of adventure. Two years later I got the chance to visit England with a side trip Scandinavia and the year after, Spain...... with a whole bunch of trips to Canada in-between. So uh, lets look at stamps and stuff from the past 10 years.

 As lame as it sounds... I always felt so cool using my passport as my ID when at airports vs using a state ID or something (lame, I know.. but it was neat to me)
Ah, me... from 10 years ago.
It was super fun having green-ish hair on my passport (and blue on my license and in-person having a third, different color!) made for some interesting looks by officials (and the piercings didn't help either)

So I didn't realize not everyone stamps... and was kinda bummed to only get a few in passing... but here's the ones I did have.
(in fact, on my last trip, none of the countries stamped :( ) 

2004
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (Luchthaven Schiphol) was the first stamp I ever got.
Having flown in from Detroit, MI.... red-eye. 
Nickelsdorf road crossing stamp from Austria into Hegyeshalom, Hungary
Munich Airport (Flughafen München) flying to Zürich, Switzerland

2006
London Heathrow Airport, coming in non-stop from Boston <3
Entering and Exiting stamps from Göteborg City Airport
 (Säve Flygplats)
Yup... just there for a day (and I visited Norway as well!)
London Stansted Airport stamp from my Sweden return.
(Hm, Stansted and Heathrow? I should work on getting Gatwick...)
Oh hey look, I even got the America stamp! Woo, America!

2007
I was super amused the the Ireland stamp... was in fact, green.
<3
Although the process in getting to and from Dublin Airport (Aerfort Bhaile Átha Cliath) was awful
Adolfo Suárez Madrid–Barajas Airport 
(Aeropuerto Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas)
Uh, entering and exiting Spain.
And... another US stamp, returning to the states from Düsseldorf by way of Madrid again.

yaayyy... So after 10 years of service it was time to replace my passport with a new one... Now I should add some lame phrase like "I wonder where it'll take me".. but that would be stupid. 
and for what its worth, I visited Canada, The Netherlands, Austria, Hungary, The Czech Republic, Germany, Switzerland, England, Wales, Sweden, Norway, Ireland, and Spain with it as well as reentering the US. (a bunch) 
((and my now current passport as taken me to Haiti, Jamaica, British Overseas Territories, and Mexico so far!))

Adventures <3

No comments:

Post a Comment