Saturday, September 26, 2015

Colossal Curl... uh, is fun?

Well, uh, since it was September and we still hadn't made it out to Adventure Island in Tampa yet this year... Jeff and I made the just-over-an hour drive down to the park to check out their new for 2015 slide, Colossal Curl. A ProSlide built TORNADO 24/TornadoWAVE combo slide... And it's now the best slide in the park as well as being one of my overall favorite slides.
So yeah, woo, Colossal Curl!
Jeff and I rode it 3 times over our short visit to Adventure Island. I was up for a couple of more laps... but because it was now the Off Season, there was no line... And Jeff wasn't really feeling climbing the 70 foot tower... again (and again and again) Oh well, there's always next summer...
Adventure Island's new awesome Tornado/Wave hybrid slide
This version is better than the Bowl/Wave Combo I had ridden a few weeks earlier at Six Flags Over Georgia.
It replaced the well-dated Gulf Scream ""speed slide""
(if you could really call it that)
The entire slide can be seen here
The ride starts off with a small drop into a Tornado 24 funnel
Followed by some S cures that lead up to the slides major drop
Into the super fun Tornado Wave element.
Colossal Curl is now my third slide I've ridden to feature the element... And its still as fun as ever.
Woo, fun slides... are fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment