Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Apparently, Funplex has a FunCoaster

Well, since Great Adventure ended up being bust (not that I had high hopes for it or anything) Rob and I left and headed onward to Knoebels with a pit-stop in Mount Laurel, New Jersey so I could get the one extra coaster I needed to make Flying Turns my 800th coaster later that day. Woo, easy credit!
Fun...plex... I sure hope this place is fun.
(I also hope they run their damn coaster in the rain!)
Inside is a pretty good sized arcade.
And a foam-ball factory thing.
Down a long hallway there is a fairly large enclosed ride area, built on top of a former parking area.
Given some time to fill the space in a bit more, this place could be rather nice... And since its indoors, could be open in the winter.
RCT style motion sim.
Bumper Cars that looked pretty thrilling, as you can see by the faces of the riders
And a pretty well kept Tilt-A-Whirl.
I'm pretty sure this is my first time seeing one at an indoor park.
There was also an SBF built Airborne Shot ride located inside. The ride-style is pretty new but a few have popped up across the US. This was my first time seeing one in person and I would have taken it for a ride had we not been in a hurry to make it to Pennsylvania and had single ride tickets not been outrageously overpriced. (a way to get people to buy into the wristbands) $6 a ride? No thanks.
Tucked away in the far back of the building was a set of indoor Go Karts
There was also a track in the outdoor area.
Stepping outside to go ride the parks solo coaster, for now, we passed Fun Twister, a looping Frisbee attraction that seemed to be pretty popular. Again, something I would have tried had I had time.. and again with the prices. ha
I was pretty surprised to find a second Tilt-A-Whirl located in the outdoor park. I'm not sure of any other park... uh.. in the world, that has two full sized Tilts at it..
They also have a mid-sized water fort called Splashin’ Speedway. Even with the poor weather, it was jumpin'
Oh wow, and it looks like they are about to add a full-on water park for 2016!
(gotta give it to the smaller FEC's willing to step it up and go full on!)
And there's also Free Fall, a Moser Spring to round out the outdoor rides.
Oh yeah, and uh, this so/so looking Mini-Golf...
But the reason we made this side-trip was so I could ride FunCoaster.
An SBF/Visa knockoff spinner with some awful looking trains....
The layout is basically the same as the Zamp Twister Coaster 420STD and for now is the only ride of its kind in the US.
Although... it fails to track as well, not that the Zamp ones are anything to write home about.
(ha)
But for an up and coming FEC about to turn into full sized amusement park.. It's a good start
(and better than nothing!)
And I guess the ride is fun for what it is.. but not something I'd go (far) out of my way for...
(haha, riigghhttttt)
As you can see, I was thrilled.
(Ok, +1... now lets get the hell out of here and off to Knoebels!)

Twitter photo - Photo

Yaayyy!

1 comment:

  1. Ali brothers is a amusement rides factory, offering different kinds of amusement rides, like ferris wheel, roller coaster,bumper cars, etc.
    if you want to buy, pls click: www.alirides.cn

    ReplyDelete