Thursday, September 24, 2015

That time I went to the Zoo but the bears were missing....

So with a few hours in Massachusetts not dedicated to roller coasters, I had this plan to visit the Stone Zoo just a mile from where I grew up. All I really wanted to do was see the Bears.
So after flying into Boston from Orlando and taking the subway to Oak Grove my Mom picked me up and off to the Zoo we went! She had been telling me how all summer they hadn't had any real rain and stuff.... As soon as we got to the Stone Zoo... it started to pour. (Remind me again how it hadn't rained all year?) Well.. since we were already here... We ventured in, all I wanted to do was see the bears quickly anyways, and the bear viewing area is under a cover.. So yeah... uh... 
the Stone Zoo.. and stuff.

 And extremely wet and semi-deserted Stone Zoo
 I quickly made my way down the path to the Bears...
Where they were nowhere to be found. We hung around for 5 or 6 minutes waiting to see if they'd come back out now that the rain had stopped but, nothing. I made a quick lap around most of the rest of the Zoo before checking back at the bears (and my Mom, who was staying dry at the Bear enclosure)
 Surprisingly, an animal that tends to be a no-show when I'm here.. was very visible today, the Coyote.
 The Gila Monster staying near its heat lamp
(and warm rock)
 The Caribbean Flamingo didn't see to care about the rain
 Oh man!!
There were *two* Rock Hyrax in the Windows to the Wild exhibit being adorable.
 Aww, and a Matschie’s Tree Kangaroo
(Although slightly less cute than the one I saw with a teddy bear in ABQ!)
 Now replacing the Duck Pond
(sadly, but still.. yay?)
 I was pretty conflicted with this.. While I do enjoy me some Sandhill Crane... At the loss of the duck pond is hard to handle.
(can't they just... coexist?)
 The American Alligator is also new here, I think.
(it kinda amused me seeing two animals at the zoo back home that I have in my backyard at home)
 Mmmhm, Mr. Reindeer bringing the.. uh.. Rein.
 Clearly, from a Jeepers....
I wonder if they came from the one that was in Methuen
 Uh... also, this Hippo... thing... is pretty horrifying.
 Hmm.. and at some point they've replaced their kiddie train with a newer Zamp Rio Grande Train
 Oh, and some flowers.
:'(
Before leaving to get some super yummy Thai food (and get my glasses fixed) we checked on the bears for a fourth time... and still nothing. I was absolutely devastated.

BOOOOO :(

No comments:

Post a Comment